Sunday, July 01, 2007

Indy Car


My uncle Ben got Kristal and I some tickets for the Indy Car race at RIR last night. The video posted above is not my original footage, but pretty much captures how the race proceeds for 250 laps. However, it was better than NASCAR for the following reasons.
1. It features a smaller field of cars, so it's easier to keep track of what's going on.
2. It's faster - if you're just going to drive around in circles, at least do it at 170mph.
3. Diversity - the current leader is a Scot of Italian descent, and there are four women drivers.
4. They run on Ethanol!
The evening starts off with the usual military posturing - a jet fighter flyby and three paragliders, one with a huge Stars & Stripes tied to his leg! It was pretty cool. We ate the worst cheeseburgers I've ever tasted, washed down with crisp, refreshing Miller Lite. I bought a T-shirt, which I will wear with Pride to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment